We’re looking to hire a new coordinator for Southeast PA. See below for the job description and how to apply. If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put People First! PA Half-Time Field Coordinator
Put People First! PA (PPF-PA) is a growing statewide organization that builds the power of everyday people to unite and take action together to change what’s politically possible in Pennsylvania. At the heart of our work are local organizing committees that engage and develop leaders, and drive our campaign and our broader organizing effort forward. The field coordinator we are looking for is someone who is passionate about making a difference in the current healthcare crisis by building an engaged and energized base of people who believe that another healthcare system is possible and are taking action to make it happen.
The PPF-PA Field Organizer will build our membership base by identifying and developing leaders, leading members in a range of concrete activities, building organizing committees, and bringing leadership and innovation to our campaign strategy.
- Low ego/high impact – team builder
- Good verbal and written communication
- Innovative, problem solver and resilient
- Ability and willingness to use technology to communicate across distance, fluency in social media and data management
- Proven ability to manage time and set priorities while working independently
- Commitment to our mission and values
- Organized, reliable, persistent, consistent, and highly accountable
- Commitment to developing the leadership of poor and working class people of all backgrounds
- Development and maintenance of 1-2 local organizing committees in your turf
- Development and maintenance of other regular general member meetings as they develop in your turf
- Collaborative base building with a team – including goal setting and planning, door-knocking, tabling and other outreach
- Active participation in PPF’s base-building team, Coordinating Council, Campaign Advisory Board and another statewide team
- Creation and maintenance of consistent work plan
- Organize and bottom-line specific base building and power building tactics that are part of the Health care is a Human Right Campaign
- Ongoing one on one’s with new and existing members and staff of other organizations
- Data entry
- Participation in grassroots fundraising
- Help create structures to facilitate the full and active participation of members in PPF-PA campaigns and teams
- Identify training and support needs and act as a bridge for communication and feedback between local organizing leaders and the rest of PPF-PA.
- Ability to work weekends and some evenings
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Community or labor organizing experience a plus
- Live in Southeast PA
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
Approximately 20 – 25 hours per week. Living and travel stipend at the rate of 18k/year provided. Mileage reimbursement at the rate of $.5 per mile. Five weeks of paid off time (holiday and sick time) per year plus major holidays unless otherwise noted.
How to apply
The application is open until December 31st. To apply, please fill out the form below. After that, send us your resume and contact information for 2-3 references at email@example.com.